How To Redecorate Your Home On A Budget
February 23, 2017
Everyone deserves to have a beautiful home that they can feel proud of, even those on a tight budget. Don’t be afraid to take on a redecorating project in your home, even if you’re pinching pennies this year. There are plenty of ways to save money while you redecorate and re-vamp your home, allowing you to make the most of your space without breaking the bank.
- Add an accent wall. If re-painting your whole home feels a little financially excessive, you can still add a dash of new colour without investing in a huge amount of paint. Try adding an accent wall in your bedroom or family room instead. One bold coloured wall can create a dramatic statement that totally transforms the look of your space.
- Repurpose furniture you already have. There’s no need to go out and buy a whole new set of furniture to give your home a facelift. Take a look through the items you already own and consider how you can repurpose the furniture yourself in simple DIY projects. A fresh lick of paint will give many old pieces of furniture a new lease on life, while re-facing can add shine to ageing kitchen cabinets.
- Be thrifty. If you do want to buy a few new décor items to spice up your home, check out your local thrift stores instead of buying pricy new pieces. You can find some fascinating and unique pieces at second hand shops, flea markets and yard sales, so think outside the box and you may be pleasantly surprised. You can also alter pieces that you really love but don’t quite fit in with your home’s aesthetic, so don’t be afraid to experiment and get creative.
- Ask for a quote. Many of us wrongly assume that painting and redecorating services will cost a fortune. Think again. If you ask for a quote from Pridal, you might find that you can fit the cost of professional painting into your monthly budget. There’s nothing wrong with asking for help from the experts.
- Clear out your clutter. Transforming your home décor can be as simple as throwing away things that are cluttering your space without adding any style or function. Cast a critical eye over your furniture and décor, and consider whether each item is really essential. Getting rid of pieces you no longer love will free up room, and selling the items second hand could add much-needed money to your redecorating budget.